Friday, January 4, 2013

My Heart is Broken... Now What?

Heartbreak. We've all been through it, however some wounds are deeper than others. Falling in love happens out of nowhere and naturally. Truthfully, the saying, "Love is blind." couldn't be more true. Anybody who has been madly in love and then scorned could tell you... there were warning signs, red flags, and even loved ones telling you "GET OUT OF THAT RELATIONSHIP NOW!", and they were so in love... not only did they not listen, but they didn't see it.
Part of falling in the tangled web of love and heartbreak is not knowing your own worth. settling. ANY time you settle for less then your worth it'll lead to heartbreak.
From personal experience, i've only fallen in love once. It was great in the moment. I had a lot of fun, i learned to love someone more than myself, and i gave him everything. I loved him and gave him all of me in return for his love. You know what's funny? i never got his heart... but i'm still getting mine back piece by piece from him. Only one got hurt here. see what i'm talking about?
One day i woke up to find out, not only did he leave me, but he had replaced me. They call it a broken heart, but i hurt in my whole body. I thought he loved me, i thought i was gonna marry him, i thought wrong. It was one of the hardest things i went through... i cried, i screamed, i sobbed. I couldn't believe it. I tried to make him feel bad, i tried to manipulate him, i tried blackmail him, and in a very vulnerable, druken moment i even threatened to end my life... all to get him to care about me again. i hate that i swooped that low, but if this information helps you, the reader, to move on then there it is.

Step one. you are going to have low moments. Accept that.

All this time of reflection is good though... its part of the healing process. Just know there is always someone who had it worse and they made it.

Step two. You are going to make it.

The grieving process is different for each person, so i can't give you a quote you a 10 step plan to be over someone in 2 months, but hopefully this helps speed up the process.

Step 3. STOP TALKING TO HIM. There's time for that later, but right now stop it. NO texting, NO calling, and NO stalking. Some of you work with or go to school with your heartbreaker. DO everything to avoid them. It's necessary to the healing process... let it happen.

Now step four. Love yourself.

You're awesome and forgot that. luckily for you this blog is dedicated to making you remember that. From here on out i'll be sharing my heart, beauty tips, and ways to feel great. we're having a physical, spiritual, and mental make-over. are you excited? i am.
so get some beauty sleep, tomorrow is a new day. Also feel free to email me with specific situations and questions. I'll do my best and you do yours deal?

Beauty Tip of the Day- if you have dry skin, take a olive oil bath once a week. Olive oil is a fantastic natural moisturizer, just put in 1/4 cup of olive oil in your next bath and let it do its thing. Dry hair? dunk your head in for a bit too! best of all if you should choose to shave in this bath, you'll get the closest and smoothest shave you've probably had in a while.

xoxo, Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers